Saw these two infographics and thought it time I posted something about Pinterest. If women consumers are your market, this is your spot.
- Close to 70% of Pinterest users are female.
- 56% of users are between the ages of 25-44
- Over 1 million visitors EACH DAY
- Pintrest refers more traffic to other sites than Linkedin, Google+ and YouTube(!) combined
- SOCIAL MEDIA CAPITALIST FACT: 28% of Pinterest users have annual household incomes of $100k
The following will take you to Mashable, where you can read that:
- A recent study showed that home, arts and crafts, style/fashion and food are the most popular categories on Pinterest.
- Food category is the fastest growing segment of Pinterest.
Google has released a brand new social network called Google+ (or Google Plus). And it’s gotten 10 MILLION users in 2 weeks.
While the network is still in “invite only” status, I have influenced my good friend – early Facebook power user and online thought leader Scott Bradley – to share his thinking on how he’s using and will be using Google Plus to grow his business and influence.
Scott will share real business building strategies and tips for entrepreneurs, small business owners and publishers.
Note: Since this call, there are some more interesting takes on how influence will be measured on Google+
- Why influence on Google+ is more than a popularity contest (venturebeat.com)
- Google+ Attracts 20 Million Users in 3 Weeks [Infographic] (hubspot.com)
- +K for Google+ ” Measuring Online Influence: The Official Klout Blog (corp.klout.com)
When I found this information on from Forrester Research , I immediately thought of “Social Climbers”. However, it’s not what you think 😉
What it tells you is “look before you leap” and find out HOW your audience uses social media. AKA “Social Technographics(r).
For example, say you wanted to create an online community or social network for your business. You need content, and you assume that if you build it, and give your audience the ability to create blogs, they will come, and blog, and create the content for you.
What if based on this cool tool, they aren’t Creators, they are instead Spectators? Then it’s pretty useless to create a community where they can blog, right? It would make more sense to find the bloggers they already read and are influenced by. Who also allow comments on blog posts.
You could then do a couple of things. You could invite those bloggers to blog on your community. (And offer them some sort of social currency or even hard currency to do so). Or you could hire your own bloggers to create content that is related AND goes deeper into the topic.
Then you could create a comment strategy and go start commenting on the blog your ideal users read. And link back to specific, relevant blog posts on your community.
Watch the slide show, then play with the Social Technology Profile Tool. Enjoy!
Social Technology Profile Tool
What are your thoughts?
I’d like to introduce my mentor, Gary Spirer, a.k.a. the $560M Man and founder of StepsTo.com. He is my Guest Blogger today. We are co-creating a “StepsTo” Guide around Influence for Women Entrepreneurs. He wrote this to show me that he figured out my pattern for influencing others…;-)
Stay tuned for more information….
Influence Match: The Insider Strategy of Influence Agents in 6 Steps
by Gary Spirer
To succeed in marketing and to increase your sales dramatically, you need the right influence and visibility.
Without the right influence and visibility, it is very difficult to produce ongoing sales, cash flow and a business that works for you.
Bad stuff (content/services). Scams. Ridiculous claims.
Bad stuff makes it hard for good stuff to be trusted and purchased.
- Step 1 Have good stuff.
- Step 2 Get influence agents interested in you.
- Step 3 Let them desire the products you have.
- Step 4 Have them introduce your good stuff to those who have influence and lists.
- Step 5 Let the influence agents work with the influencers to endorse you.
- Step 6 Reciprocate – be loyal to the influence agents and the influencers and expand their power by introducing them to your growing network.
The Result is that you:
- – Gain influence (& trust – my words 😉
- – Form Strategic Alliances
- – Build your list
- – Achieve visibility
- – Develop your own influence
- – Increase sales
- – Move closer to a business that works for you
Go to http://www.stepsto.com/home to learn how to turn your idea into a wealth generating asset. We have advised and evaluated 1000s of companies from start-ups to Fortune 500 Companies. Steps To combines this knowledge with 25 years of research on the steps the Greatest Minds in History took to achieve extraordinary success. Steps To gives you proven tools and action steps to immediately begin building your money machine and living the life you want!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Social Media Marketing versus Social Influence Marketing (socialmediatoday.com)
- 10 Ways To Build Trust with Social Media (kylelacy.com)
- 5 questions for the author of ‘Trust Agents’ (socialmedia.biz)