Wow, just had a GREAT conversation with Jenna Fernandes, CEO, CareBooker.com. She’s really thought this whole caregiving conundrum all the way through. At first, I wasn’t sure, because we all have seen the ubiquitous commercials from Care.com. But, after getting a long bulleted list of how Carebooker.com was different, and then having a conversation with Jenna, I’m a believer!
I believe she’s on to something. I haven’t really researched the space because I don’t have kids, no pets, and my dad already has a great full time caregiver. After talking with Jenna, I now know there are different sites for all types of care you could want….pets, kids, elders, plants (just kidding;-) but maybe??
CareBooker.com is leading the way to consolidate all types of care into one online place. Where you can take care of it all vs. going to 3, 4 or even 5 different sites. All with different navigation, different booking criteria, you get the picture…
They are revolutionizing the way people search for and secure family care professionals by allowing users free access to their growing user base of service providers and even booking around a service provider’s real-time availability.
Per Jenna, soome of the features on CareBooker.com:
- We don’t require an expensive monthly membership fee to find service providers
- We provide free, comprehensive background checks for providers / free for families to view
- We make it easy for people to book interviews by phone, skype, or at a location that works for them.
- Families will find it simple to book care and pay online (and even easily add a tip)
- All of the reviews on the site are “certified” which means that someone had to actually book and pay for services with that provider via CareBooker in-order to add the review/rate the provider
What’s most unique is that CareBooker is meant to be used as a way for care providers to manage their entire business!
- They provide a “Book Now” button that ANY service provider on CareBooker can use to easily turn their own website into a booking and payment platform.
- All care providers get a “webpage” with a unique URL (similar to LinkedIn) – bringing the power of SEO to service providers
When you listen to our conversation, you’ll learn more about this aspect of Carebooker.com, and find out what spurred Jenna to create this site!
Okay, I had the BEST time talking with Danielle Tate today. She is the Founder & CEO of MissNowMrs.com, the leading online name change service on the Net.
In our fast-paced conversation, Danielle shares new strategies for what she calls “Faking it until you make it” as it relates to gaining credibility for your startup.
Lots of great advice from this Online ThoughleadHer today! Listen up and Lean In…;-)
A financial expert, Pamela is the author of the groundbreaking book Bank on Yourself:The Life Changing Secret fo Growing and Protecting Your Financial Future – which reveals the secrets to taking back control of your financial future that Wall Street, banks, and credit card companies DON’T want you to know.
She investigated more than 450 savings and retirement planning strategies seeking an alternative to the risk and volatility of stocks and other investments. Her research led her to a time-tested, predictable method of growing and protecting wealth now used by more than half a million people.
This was a fascinating conversation as we explored the following questions and more:
- WHAT is a Bank On Yourself Plan?
- Has it REALLY been around for 160 years?
- Your advice is radically different from both Dave Ramsey and Suze Orman – what are the key differences?
- How can a woman entrepreneur use Bank On Yourself as a financing vehicle for their business, even when no banker will loan her a dime?
- How can women entrepreneurs use Bank On Yourself to not retire broke?
- Is it too late to start a Bank On Yourself Plan, if you are a woman entrepreneur over 50?
- Walt Disney and JC Penney both used this type of plan to finance their businesses?
Pamela’s new book: Bank On Yourself Revolution: Fire Your Banker, Bypass Wall Street, and Take Control of Your Own Financial Future. (And by the way, THIS ‘Revolution’ WILL be televised ;-))
Ladies, you really have to listen to this one. It’s MIND-BLOWING what we don’t know about this potential business financing vehicle.