I personally believe there is no richer place to activate the Law of Attraction than the Internet, hands down. I mean, where else can you go and have real live people searching for what you have 24/7/365? I’ve been online since ’96, and my friends and family call me their human Google. I admit it, I am an information junkie.
If it can be found online, I will find it. I’ve got lots of strategies and tools I use to locate niche markets and information no one else knows or uses.
The trick to using this in your favor is to get into the mind of your ideal client. Figure out what painful situation she’s in, or what ambition she has and the words she would use to describe it if she were looking for a solution and you are on your way to learning how to activate the Internet Law of Attraction.
Here are 4 tips to help you get into the right frame of mind. *Disclaimer: they aren’t rocket science, but I’ve used these exact steps to find what I wanted for the past 19 years online – so in a way it’s really reverse engineering and giving you a peek into the mind of a true Internet Empowered Consumer:
- Brainstorm the main words or phrases that your ideal customer or client might use to find your service or product.
- Plug the words into Google and see what results show up on the first page. Notice the page titles and also notice if there are ads using your words displaying next to the results.
- Keep narrowing and refining your search terms using what you find that catches your eye until you start finding services similar to yours (of course, no one else has YOUR unique DNA – Distinct NicheAdvantage ;-)) and that are showing up on the first page of Google. ( I rarely look past the first two pages anymore and I suspect not many others do either – they just start over with more or different words)
- Make note of the keywords you find and then figure out how to use them somewhere in your blog post title and in the body of your posts without sounding too weird. If you can , also use them as your blog sidebar categories & topics. I added my name to the main title of this blog and landed on the first page of results in Google almost overnight (and I share a name with someone who is a writer and/or musician so that is quite a feat!)
If you’d like to know more about what I’m calling the Internet Law of Attraction, let me know. I’ll be writing more about it in future posts.
If Instagram is for Kim Kardashian’s ass, Twitter is for Donald Trump rants and Facebook is for your mom, where can you turn for a social media experience that won’t leave you brain dead?
Until now, nowhere. You were at Kimye’s mercy.
But with the launch of EdCast, a social knowledge network designed to get you to stop drooling, leaders such as former secretary of defense William Perry, music mogul Scooter Braun, Mitch Kapor of Kapor Capital, and director of MIT entrepreneurship Joi Ito are broadcasting and sharing information.
The Twitter-like platform features topics such as entrepreneurship, architecture, robotics, technology, and health, filled with insights from over 100 globally renowned experts and influencers.
I’m so pleased to have had a conversation with Karl Mehta! Karl is a White House Presidential Innovation Fellow, TEDx veteran and most important to me at least, the mastermind and CEO of EdCast.
Got this in my inbox the other week and shared it on my new favorite Knowledge Network, www.EdCast.com. Thought that it might make sense to post it here, too!
Most blinding flash of the obvious is that organic reach on social platforms is low, because of the sheer volume of content. Too much to consume…
Interestingly enough, 83% of consumers say the “Type of Content” affects their perception of how CREDIBLE the information is…makes me want to dig a bit more…
Wow, just had a GREAT conversation with Jenna Fernandes, CEO, CareBooker.com. She’s really thought this whole caregiving conundrum all the way through. At first, I wasn’t sure, because we all have seen the ubiquitous commercials from Care.com. But, after getting a long bulleted list of how Carebooker.com was different, and then having a conversation with Jenna, I’m a believer!
I believe she’s on to something. I haven’t really researched the space because I don’t have kids, no pets, and my dad already has a great full time caregiver. After talking with Jenna, I now know there are different sites for all types of care you could want….pets, kids, elders, plants (just kidding;-) but maybe??
CareBooker.com is leading the way to consolidate all types of care into one online place. Where you can take care of it all vs. going to 3, 4 or even 5 different sites. All with different navigation, different booking criteria, you get the picture…
They are revolutionizing the way people search for and secure family care professionals by allowing users free access to their growing user base of service providers and even booking around a service provider’s real-time availability.
Per Jenna, soome of the features on CareBooker.com:
- We don’t require an expensive monthly membership fee to find service providers
- We provide free, comprehensive background checks for providers / free for families to view
- We make it easy for people to book interviews by phone, skype, or at a location that works for them.
- Families will find it simple to book care and pay online (and even easily add a tip)
- All of the reviews on the site are “certified” which means that someone had to actually book and pay for services with that provider via CareBooker in-order to add the review/rate the provider
What’s most unique is that CareBooker is meant to be used as a way for care providers to manage their entire business!
- They provide a “Book Now” button that ANY service provider on CareBooker can use to easily turn their own website into a booking and payment platform.
- All care providers get a “webpage” with a unique URL (similar to LinkedIn) – bringing the power of SEO to service providers
When you listen to our conversation, you’ll learn more about this aspect of Carebooker.com, and find out what spurred Jenna to create this site!
It’s not often that someone gets me to pay attention to what I call “old school”advertising. Even if they try to put a new, hip, digital spin on it, it’s usually just the proverbial old “wolf in sheep’s clothing”.
So when I got the email about reviewing Zeusvision, what caught my attention was the amount of information included in the email itself. I know the advice is to keep the pitch short and sweet, but with me, longer is better. Too short and cutesy just irritates me…but I digress.
I don’t profess to understand the advertising business because most of the advertising is really boring.
Especially OUTDOOR advertising. You know the kind…billboards, bus stops, the kid tossing and twirling and dropping the sign on the corner.
You get the picture.
Even if you’ve had a dream of seeing your face on a billboard on the local freeway, it just seems SO FAR out of reach of the average woman solopreneur’s budget that it didn’t make sense to clutter my mind with learning about it.
Add to that, the fact that outdoor advertising is typically NOT the best way to get the word out about your expert coaching, speaking, consulting or training business.
(In fact, if you advertise in those types of businesses, you’re looked at with a bit of a side-eye. Because if you were really any good, people would be referring you to their friends and family and you wouldn’t need to advertise…)
Zeusvision, on the other hand, is really INTERESTING.
The brainchild of Giovanni Wolfgang, Zeusvision is bringing the world of advertising into the 21st Century at a super fast clip.
Start talking about bringing ANYthing into the 21st Century and you now have my attention.
Even OUTDOOR Advertising ;-).
I know that the big brands have the lock on this type of advertising, because they have the big bucks to buy up all of the inventory.
And like I said earlier, I don’t know of many women who seriously are considering buying a billboard ad for their business.
Before now, that is.
Enter Giovanni and Zeusvision.
Giovanni cut his teeth on BIG advertising because his father worked for AP. He saw just how it all worked. And, to make a long story short, decided he didn’t like the way it worked.
And decided to do something about it (unlike many people who see things, but just remain status quo)
He created Zeusvision to level the playing field.
- For the small business woman who dreams of seeing her business name in lights on a bill board…
- Or the soccer mom who wants to congratulate her daughter.
- Or the dad who wants to show his military daughter how proud he is of her for making that last tour.
- Or the gutsy gal who wants to propose to her guy 😉
You get the drift…
OR, let’s say you are THE expert. And, you just wrote your new book.
And you are super excited and want to let the world know about it.
You know you have to create a platform. Your publisher let you know early on that for the most part, publicity is going to be up to you. So, you’re on it.
You’re already booked on the talk show circuit. You’ve gotten booked on radio shows.
And there are even some bloggers who have asked you to stop by and do some guest blogging for them.
Imagine now being able to just log on to a website and upload your book cover…
Whip out your debit card. Decide in how many cities you want your book cover to appear in simultaneously:
Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Las Vegas, Miami, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Atlanta, and/or Houston..
And the next Zeusvision bus to roll down Hollywood and Vine, and EVERYWHERE else has YOUR name and book cover on the side of it!
Like a fox.
Giovanni has a personal message for you. It’s REALLY inspiring – he lays it all out for you.
Click the image below and go listen:
Make sure to take note of the site.
You’ll want to take advantage of what he’s put together for you, I’m sure!