reBlog: 15 Things Social Media Can Do for You Today
FYI, “reBlog” is for bloggers what “Re-Tweet” is to Twitters. I learned that today on my internet travels.
Using Twitter to discover conversations about thought leadership, I found this great list of 15 Things Social Media Can Do For You today and wanted to share it. I couldn’t have said it better myself :
- Allows you to participate in networks that at one time you didn’t have access to.
- Gives you access to thought leaders
- Connects you to employment opportunities
- Grants you an opportunity to have face-to-face conversations with brands
- Brings the world closer to you
- Allows you the ability to build a global network easier
- Provides a platform to build and promote a personal brand
- Increases the opportunity to become a thought leader in your area of expertise
- Provides income opportunities
- Gives you access to raw journalism often times not available to mainstream media outlets
- Connects you with business opportunities – partnerships and funding
- Gives you a platform to be heard, if you’re willing to take time to listen to others.
- Give you access to information faster, easier and in real time.
- Makes it easier to share information with your networks
- Through technology and social media channels you have instant access to communities and networks at all time.
socialmediaexplorer.com, 15 Things Social Media Can Do for You Today, Jun 2009